Navy Help Desk
Position Title: Navy Help Desk
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Supports a team of Message Handling Professionals in support of Commander Pacific Fleet JMHS messaging operations, operates 24/7 especially during military exercises.
Location: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
The Watch Stander shall provide NIPR and SIPR Joint Message Handling System (JMHS) operation and maintenance services. The individual will be part of a 24/7 watch monitoring JMHS messaging processing and troubleshooting message delivery problems. Watches are 8 or 12 hours (not exceeding 80 hours per bi-weekly pay period), includes weekends. Under some circumstances, the candidate is to be on-call for problem resolution for the JMHS system during military exercise or to cover gaps.
Possess troubleshooting capability and sufficient knowledge to correctly parse both incoming and outgoing naval messages. He/she shall also have a functional knowledge of the Defense Messaging Dissemination System (DMDS) system operations.
1. Create new profiles and maintain customized user messaging profiles for unclassified and classified computers per customer requests.
2. Verify full “search functionality” for JMHS servers every 2 hours.
3. Maintain and update the official “Radio Log”.
4. Support messaging customer requests to create or update a user’s account.
5. Provide troubleshooting type services and problem resolution to JMHS users who contact the Watch.
6. Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, setting up Rules, “.pst” files and Search Folders.
- DoD security clearance
- Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training preferred
- Ability to read and interpret general technical periodicals, journals, military procedures, and regulations