Network Engineer (RS)
Position Title: Network Engineer (RS) Report to: Engineering Team Lead Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Summary: Provides operations services to sustain range of customer IT infrastructure environments. Advanced design and integration support for Route/Switch (RS), Unified Communications (UC) and Wireless. Manages allocation and development of engineering resources assigned to implementation projects. DoD security clearance is beneficial.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs and deploys layers I-III infrastructures and network application systems, network management and security monitoring systems along with
- Prepares and conducts technical briefings, training sessions, policy development, in-depth technical studies, development of plans and specifications
- Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to design and install network solutions on an enterprise level for Prosis clients
- Coordinates design builds and engineering planning documents for Network, Transmission and AV Command and Control (C2) Project Managers in the field.
- Handles escalation of technical issues and systems maintenance incidents applying hands-on troubleshooting skills for Prosis systems.
- Liaise with customers, vendors and other personnel for technical aspects of Network and Collaboration infrastructure strategies
- Provides technical resources to sales staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Cisco CCNP Route/Switch
- Security + CE certification or CCNA Security certification or GSEC certification
- Minimum seven (7) years of networking experience, preferably Cisco
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in design of computer networks
- Ability to manage emerging IP based Collaboration services such as VoIP, ECVoIP and Conferencing. Building strategies for integration of hybrid cloud based services and applications
- Knowledge of Cisco network systems – switching, routing, 1x, RADIUS and TACACS
- Knowledge of network management and help desk applications and systems
- Knowledge of the network performance (traffic analysis) fault isolations and protocols
- Experience with routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection systems, wireless LAN controllers and Information Assurance
- Ability to work independently 40-50 hours per week depending on demand
Work Hours: 7:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. Some weekend and afterhours work required. Some travel required.