Network Engineer (Voice)
Position Title: Network Engineer (Voice) Report to: Engineering Team Lead Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Summary: Provides operation and maintenance services to sustain various customer environments. Design and integration support for Unified Communications (UC) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN). DoD security clearance is beneficial.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates and administers network management and security monitoring systems along with UC products and network application systems
- Prepares and conducts technical briefings, training sessions, policy development, in-depth technical studies, development of plans and specifications
- Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to design and install IP networks and UC applications
- Designs and implements network Provides technical support to sales staff
- Handles technical issues and incidents through hands-on troubleshooting
- Liaise with customers, vendors and other personnel for problem resolution
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Cisco CCNP Voice Certification
- Minimum seven (7) years of networking experience, preferably Cisco
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in design of computer networks
- Five years of work experience in design, implementation, and support of Cisco Call Manager/Unified Communications and related voice applications.
- Experience with VMWare, Linux and integrating multiple voice platforms/architectures.
- Experience implementing technical standards, policies, procedures and
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with tech and non-tech team
- Ability to lead other technical staff on
- Ability to provide advanced training post
- Security + CE certification or CCNA Security certification or GSEC certification
- Ability to manage and troubleshoot emerging IP based Unified Communications services such as VoIP, ECVoIP and Conferencing
- Advanced Knowledge of network systems – switching, routing, 1x, RADIUS and TACACS
- Experience with routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection systems, wireless LAN controllers and Information Assurance
- Ability to work independently 40-50 hours per week depending on demand
Work Hours: 7:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. Some weekend and afterhours work required. Some travel required.